The Human Energy Drink: Why My Monster Collection Became Something I'm Proud Of

By Kyle (Xy) Josef Taus
Every collector has a story.

Some people collect football cards.

Some people collect Pokémon cards.

Some people collect coins, stamps, records, comic books, model cars, or sports memorabilia.

I collect Monster Energy.

And before anyone asks, no, I'm not talking about empty cans sitting in a pile waiting to be recycled.

What I've built is a collection.

A genuine collection.

Every can on my shelves is part of a catalogue of flavours, designs, releases, limited editions, imports, and moments in the history of one of the world's most recognisable brands.

To some people they're energy drinks.

To me they're pieces of product design.

They're marketing.

They're branding.

They're creativity.

They're history.

And they're stories.

What started years ago as simply enjoying the occasional Monster gradually became something much bigger.

I began noticing the artwork.

The different flavour names.

The way each can had its own identity.

The different series.

Ultra.

Reserve.

Juiced.

Java.

Nitro.

Rehab.

Limited releases.

Imported editions.

Suddenly I wasn't just buying a drink.

I was discovering a collection.

Over time I realised that every release represented a snapshot of where the brand was at that moment.

Different colours.

Different concepts.

Different markets.

Different audiences.

Some cans disappeared.

Some became collector's items.

Some never even made it to Australia.

The more I learned, the more fascinating it became.

And before long, I had built something that was uniquely mine.

What makes me proud isn't the number of cans.

It isn't whether they're rare.

It isn't whether they're valuable.

It's that the collection reflects my personality.

People who know me know that I tend to become fascinated by ideas.

I enjoy finding patterns.

I enjoy finding stories.

I enjoy discovering connections that other people might overlook.

That's exactly what happened here.

The collection became more than a collection.

It became part of my identity.

Then came the memes.

If you've spent any time on the internet, you've probably seen them.

Monster Energy.

A guy named Kyle.

High energy.

Chaotic enthusiasm.

Questionable decisions.

Loyal to his friends.

Always charging headfirst into life.

The internet somehow created an entire stereotype around a fictional character called Kyle.

The funny thing is that my name actually is Kyle.

And the older I get, the funnier that becomes.

Because while the meme is obviously exaggerated, there are parts of it that strangely fit.

Not the destruction.

Not the stereotypes.

But the enthusiasm.

The energy.

The willingness to throw myself into projects.

The tendency to become passionate about ideas that other people don't fully understand.

The confidence to embrace something because I enjoy it, not because everybody else does.

At some point I realised the meme wasn't defining me.

It was reflecting parts of me.

Almost like somebody had accidentally created a caricature that shared my name.

The collection and the meme eventually became connected.

Not because I forced it.

Because it happened naturally.

The Human Energy Drink.

The Meme.

The Myth.

The Chaos.

They're all jokes.

But they're also strangely accurate descriptions of someone who has spent years turning ideas into projects and passions into conversations.

And that's what this collection really represents.

It isn't about caffeine.

It isn't about drinking as many cans as possible.

It isn't about being a walking advertisement.

It's about appreciation.

Appreciation for design.

Appreciation for branding.

Appreciation for product innovation.

Appreciation for collecting something that most people would never think to collect.

Most importantly, it's about being comfortable enough to own what makes you different.
The world is full of people collecting things that everyone expects.

This collection wasn't expected.

I found it myself.

I built it myself.

And that's exactly why I'm proud of it.

Because every shelf tells a story.

Every can represents a discovery.

Every variety marks a moment.

And together they remind me that sometimes the best collections aren't the ones everybody understands.

They're the ones that somehow end up understanding you.

One Can. One Story. Endless Possibilities.

— Kyle (Xy) Josef Taus
#MonsterEnergy
#MonsterCollector
#MonsterFamily
#CollectorLife
#KyleXYTaus
#SmileForKyle
#Smile4Kyle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What If We Got Identity Backwards?

An Open Letter to Police and Victims: When Confiscation Isn’t Enough

What If We're Asking the Wrong Question About Victoria's Missing Billions?