Who Is Kyle Josef Taus?
By Kyle (Xy) Josef Taus
I've spent a lot of time thinking about names.
Maybe that's because I've spent a lot of time trying to understand myself.
Throughout my life, I've often felt that the only person I've truly been allowed to investigate is me. I can observe the world around me. I can see what governments do. I can see what media organisations do. I can see what businesses do. I can see what my friends do. But ultimately, the person I know best is myself.
That journey has led me to ask questions.
Questions about society.
Questions about technology.
Questions about government.
Questions about media.
Questions about democracy.
Questions about policing.
Questions about where humanity is heading and whether we're evolving as quickly as we should.
My first name is Kyle.
Kyle originates from a Scottish word meaning a narrow channel of water.
When I learned that, something clicked.
A narrow channel doesn't create the ocean.
A narrow channel doesn't create the land.
It simply creates a path between places.
In many ways, that's how I see my role in life.
Not necessarily as a leader.
Not necessarily as a hero.
Not necessarily as someone destined to save the world.
But perhaps as a navigator.
Someone willing to point toward a path forward.
Someone willing to identify opportunities for improvement.
Someone willing to challenge ideas that no longer serve us.
Someone willing to ask questions when others have stopped asking.
My middle name is Joseph.
Josef s commonly interpreted as meaning "he will add" or "God shall increase."
To me, that represents growth.
Contribution.
Adding value.
Building rather than destroying.
My surname is Taus.
Taus has different origins depending on family history, but I also find it interesting that TAUS is associated internationally with language, communication, and translation networks.
Communication has always fascinated me.
Radio.
Television.
Language.
Technology.
Ideas.
Everything that connects people.
When I put my name together symbolically, I sometimes interpret it as:
"A pathway through which growth and connection can move forward."
Whether that's coincidence, symbolism, or simply a personal interpretation is up to each individual to decide.
But it inspires me.
It encourages me to think about what contribution I can make.
Over the years I've noticed many strange connections and patterns.
My birthday is the 14th of September.
The television series Golden Girls first aired on the 14th of September.
Some people call that coincidence.
I understand why.
But I've never personally been convinced that life is entirely coincidence.
In fact, one of the guiding beliefs that has shaped my thinking is simple:
There is no such thing as coincidence.
That doesn't mean every event carries some grand hidden meaning.
It simply means that everything is connected to something.
Every choice creates another choice.
Every action creates another action.
Every idea creates another idea.
Whether we notice those connections is another question entirely.
Throughout my life, television has always felt important.
I grew up watching it.
Learning from it.
Laughing with it.
Feeling included by it.
Sometimes television felt like more than entertainment.
It felt like society talking to itself.
It felt like culture having a conversation.
And occasionally it felt like I was somehow part of that conversation.
That's one reason I've become so passionate about the future of media.
If television is struggling, I want to help improve it.
If radio is struggling, I want to help improve it.
If public trust is struggling, I want to help improve it.
Not because I know everything.
Because I care.
I've been an audience member my entire life.
Why wouldn't I want to help improve something that has given me so much?
My name itself comes from Kyle Reese from The Terminator.
A man sent back through time to warn humanity about a future conflict involving technology.
Today we live in an era where artificial intelligence is rapidly changing the world.
Technology is evolving faster than ever before.
Governments are trying to adapt.
Businesses are trying to adapt.
Communities are trying to adapt.
The question isn't whether change is coming.
The question is whether we're ready for it.
That is why I've become fascinated by ideas involving technology, media, democracy, policing, and reform.
Many of my ideas are built around a simple observation.
Most people focus on punishment.
I've often focused on prevention.
When I proposed ideas involving digital licensing systems, vehicle identification reforms, and technology-based accountability systems, my goal wasn't to punish people more harshly.
My goal was to reduce opportunities for mistakes and unlawful behaviour before they occur.
A good system shouldn't simply catch people doing the wrong thing.
A good system should make it easier to do the right thing.
The more I've observed society, the more I've felt that many institutions haven't evolved at the same speed as the world around them.
Technology changes.
Communication changes.
Communities change.
Yet many systems remain largely unchanged.
I believe democracy should continue evolving.
I believe governments should remain accountable.
I believe public institutions should serve the people rather than themselves.
And I believe ordinary people should have a stronger voice in shaping the future.
One thing people quickly notice about me is that I pay attention to patterns and symbols.
For example, I've spoken before about the Monster Energy Ultra range.
Most people simply see an energy drink.
I sometimes look at the branding through the lens of T9 keypad systems, symbolism, and personal interpretation, finding patterns that remind me of my own surname, Taus.
I don't present that as proof of anything.
I simply find it interesting.
It's another example of how people naturally search for meaning and connection.
Another example that fascinates me is the periodic table.
Science is often described as the language of the universe.
The building blocks of everything around us are represented there through symbols, elements, and patterns.
At some point, I realised that parts of my own name could be represented through the periodic table.
Potassium is represented by the letter K.
Other parts of my name can be connected through combinations of elemental symbols and scientific notation.
Now, I'm not claiming to be the only person who can do this.
Many people can find parts of their names within the periodic table.
What interests me isn't exclusivity.
What interests me is the connection itself.
The idea that something as personal as a name can be represented through one of humanity's greatest scientific achievements.
To me, it's another reminder that we are all connected to the same building blocks.
The same elements.
The same universe.
The same story.
When I look at the periodic table, I don't just see chemistry.
I see humanity trying to understand itself.
In a symbolic sense, I find it fascinating that part of my own identity can be represented within that language of science.
Not because it proves anything extraordinary.
But because it reminds me that every person is already part of the story.
We are all written into it.
Some people see science.
Some people see symbolism.
I see both.
This is also why I strongly oppose cancel culture.
I think it is one of the most damaging habits of modern society.
People should be allowed to speak.
People should be allowed to learn.
People should be allowed to grow.
That doesn't mean every idea is correct.
It doesn't mean every opinion deserves agreement.
But it does mean ideas should be examined before people are dismissed.
A healthy society debates ideas.
An unhealthy society silences them.
I would rather live in a world where people challenge each other respectfully than one where people are afraid to speak.
I also prefer the word envy over jealousy.
To me, jealousy feels destructive.
Envy can be inspirational.
If someone succeeds, I don't want to pull them down.
I want to understand how they got there.
I want people to be inspired by success rather than threatened by it.
Above all else, I believe people should never stop imagining a better future.
People often ask why I continue putting ideas forward.
My answer is simple.
If the world needs better ideas, somebody has to suggest them.
Why not me?
Why not you?
Why not anyone willing to try?
History remembers people who were willing to imagine something different.
Not because they were perfect.
Not because they were always right.
But because they cared enough to participate.
I don't know whether any of my ideas will change the world.
I don't know whether the patterns I notice are meaningful to anyone else.
I don't know whether the future will unfold the way I imagine it.
What I do know is this:
We all face a choice.
Every day.
Do we move toward something better?
Or do we accept things exactly as they are?
Do we build?
Or do we destroy?
Do we contribute?
Or do we complain?
Do we encourage growth?
Or do we allow fear to decide for us?
I choose growth.
I choose curiosity.
I choose conversation.
I choose improvement.
And I choose hope.
If my name truly means anything at all, perhaps it means this:
A narrow channel.
A pathway.
A route between where we are today and where we might be tomorrow.
And if that's my role, then I'm happy to keep navigating.
— Kyle (Xy) Josef Taus
#smileforkyle #smile4kyle
Comments
Post a Comment