State of the Blog 2026: One Idea at a Time


When I published my first posts, I wasn't trying to build just another blog.

I wanted to build a place where ideas could exist without being limited by headlines, algorithms, or short attention spans. A place where questions could be explored, even when the answers weren't obvious.

Looking back over everything I've written so far, it's interesting to see how the different topics connect together.

Challenging Systems

One of the strongest themes throughout this blog has been questioning systems that many people simply accept. Whether discussing politics, economics, law, education, technology, or media, I've tried to ask a simple question:

Can we do better?

Not because everything is broken, but because improvement starts by being willing to rethink old ideas.

The War on Drugs

One subject I've returned to repeatedly is drug policy.

Rather than treating addiction purely as a criminal issue, I've explored harm reduction, rehabilitation, prevention, and the human cost of the War on Drugs. My hope has always been to encourage conversations that focus on solutions rather than simply repeating policies that have struggled for decades.

Government and Reform

I've written about constitutional ideas, political accountability, government reform, digital government, and ways public institutions could become more transparent, efficient, and connected to the people they serve.

These aren't presented as finished blueprints—they're starting points for discussion.

Economics and Opportunity

Another recurring topic has been the future of money, work, and financial security.

I've explored ideas around Universal Basic Income, banking reform, economic fairness, and how technology could help build systems that reward participation while ensuring people aren't left behind.

Technology and AI

Artificial intelligence has become impossible to ignore.

Throughout this blog I've explored both the opportunities and responsibilities that come with rapidly advancing technology. AI, automation, cybersecurity, digital identity, and online communication are all reshaping society, and I believe we should be discussing them openly before they're simply accepted as the new normal.

Media, Communication and Branding

I've always been fascinated by the power of communication.

From radio and television to branding, logos, advertising, domain names, and social media, I've explored how ideas spread and how messages influence culture.

Sometimes changing the conversation is just as important as changing the policy.

Symbols, Language and Patterns

Some of the more creative posts explore language itself.

Letters becoming numbers.

Words carrying multiple meanings.

Symbols connecting ideas.

Branding becoming puzzles.

These posts aren't intended to tell readers what to believe. They're invitations to slow down, notice details, and enjoy looking at familiar things from unfamiliar angles.

Australia and Beyond

Many articles begin with Australian issues, but often grow into larger conversations about democracy, economics, technology, and society around the world.

Local problems frequently reflect global challenges.

Looking Forward

This blog is still evolving.

Some future posts will continue exploring public policy.

Others will dive into technology, media, creativity, symbolism, or entirely new ideas.

Some will probably challenge conventional thinking.

Others may simply ask better questions.

Thank You

If you've read even one post, thank you.

Whether you agreed, disagreed, or simply became curious, you've become part of the conversation.

Ideas only become stronger when they're challenged.

This blog isn't about having all the answers.

It's about documenting a journey of curiosity, creativity, reform, and possibility.

The story is still being written.

Here's to the next chapter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What If We Got Identity Backwards?

An Open Letter to Police and Victims: When Confiscation Isn’t Enough

What If We're Asking the Wrong Question About Victoria's Missing Billions?